The Chartered Institution for Further Education operates an integrated communications programme which means that we may use your Data to communicate with you through several different channels for example direct mail and email. We want to keep you up to date with the Chartered Institution for Further Education but you may opt out of these at any time.
The data we collect
The following types of information about you may be collected:
- Telephone number
- Email address
Website and communication usage
How we collect your information
These are the main ways we collect your information:
- If you contact us directly via email or telephone to request information
- If you fill in the application form on our website
- If you subscribe to our email mailing list
Please help us to keep your information up to date by informing us of any changes to your contact details or preferences. You may change or review your preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How your data is used
Use of personal information under EU General Data Protection Regulations must be justified under one of a number of legal grounds and we are required to set out the grounds in respect of each use in this policy. The Chartered Institution for Further Education justifies use of your personal information on the grounds that by filling in a contact or application form you have consented to this use. You may withdraw consent or update your preferences at any time by emailing email@example.com.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To administer our website and organisation
- To personalise our website for you
- To enable your use of the services available on our website
- To send statements, invoices and payment reminders and to collect payments from you
- To send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- To send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can easily unsubscribe at any time if you no longer require this)
- To send you marketing communications related to the Chartered Institution for Further Education which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can easily opt out of this if you do not wish to receive this; see “opting out” below)
- To provide third parties with anonymised statistical information about users of our site
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- To keep our website secure and prevent fraud
In order to ensure you receive relevant and personalised communications we will use your data to create an individual customer profile and this information will be shared with our marketing company for agreed communications on behalf of the Chartered Institution for Further Education only.
Your information will not otherwise be shared outside of the Chartered Institution for Further Education unless consent is sought on an individual basis.
If you submit personal information on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information only in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
How we keep your data safe
We use a variety of safety measures, including encryption and authentication tools to help protect and maintain the security and integrity of our data.
Data transmission over the Internet or a website cannot be guaranteed to be secure, but we work hard to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection requirements. Our main security measures are:
- Restricted access to your data on a “need to know” basis and for the stated purpose only
- Firewalled IT systems to prohibit unauthorised access eg from hackers
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain your data in-line with our Data Retention Policy.
We restrict access to your information to only those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose.
Information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised or destroyed securely.
Who we share your personal information with
Your personal information is shared only with our marketing company who deal with certain aspects of website maintenance on our behalf.
Other than this your personal information is not accessed by anyone outside of the Chartered Institution for Further Education.
Photo and video disclaimer
Images may be captured during events organised by the Chartered Institution for Further Education using film photography, digital photography, video or other media. The Chartered Institution for Further Education reserves the right to use any images captured in brochures, booklets, videos, websites or other media and publicity material produced by the Institution.
We inform anyone taking part in an event that they may be photographed, videoed or otherwise captured in image form.
Unless you have previously opted out of receiving such communications from us (see below) your Data will be used by the Chartered Institution for Further Education for marketing purposes. Promotional communications from us may advertise Chartered Institution for Further Education events or share news and information from our Members
How to change preferences or opt out
You may change your privacy preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may at any time ask us to stop using your personal data and/or stop
contacting you by email for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to do so please contact us via email@example.com or use the “unsubscribe” link within any of our email communications.
Links to third party sites